Hi there and welcome to the first Design Team stop on our blog hop! If you didn't get here via the Scrapbook Challenges Blog, I encourage you to go back and check out that post first!
About Me:
My name is Amanda, I live in Texas, but I'm an urban girl in the Dallas area, so don't think you'll ever catch me in cowboy boots or saying y'all! I'm a stay at home mommy to my two kiddos, DS is 4 and DD is 2. I'm addicted to Pinterest (see side bar link to my boards ->), I play Castleville on FB because my best friend's husband helped create it, and I am spending way too much time playing Sims FreePlay on the iPad! My husband and I are also competing in a Biggest Loser Challenge with our friends, and so far we're winning... let's hope that holds for us. The prize money would be very nice!
ScrapbookChallenges.com has been my scrapping home for about 6 years now, and it's where I get 90% of my inspiration. I love the multiple challenges (and prizes!) provided every month, but my favorite is the weekly sketch. I've had the privilege to work on the Design Team for over 2 years... so I've created a layout, of some sort, using almost every one of those sketches! They're my meat and potatoes, especially when I fall into a scrapping funk. Speaking of awesome sketches, check out the one we were given, to work our "magic" on, for this challenge!
The Sketch:
If you're more of a 2 page spread kind of person, here's the extended sketch too.
My Layout:
I actually used this sketch to get several gift opening pictures into my small 4x6 December Daily album (which is yet to be fully completed!) I used the digi kit called Candy Cane Lane from Raspberry Road Designs, where I also post LOs as a member of her Creative Team. I absolutely LOVE the colors on this set... maybe because this is a set I put in a special request for her to make? ;) Obviously, I combined a couple of the photo slots on the sketch to make it work for me, but that's the beauty of a sketch.
I hope you'll put it to good use this weekend too, because there's a prize involved! Yes, now that you've met me, seen the sketch & my page, it's time for the best part of a blog hop...
The Prizes!!!
Hop On Prize (for completing a layout based on this Sketch and posting to the Hop On Thread):
Blog Comment Prize (Comment on all DT blogs in this hop):
New Member Prize (One random new members who joins between 1/13 & 1/15):







43 comments:
stunning, bright fun layout... love it..
Hi Amanda! Lovely bright colours on your Christmassy LO. Also good to see how you can adapt a sketch to a LO of different dimensions! x
Beautiful layout...great sketch! Am very excited for the hop and all of the inspiration! Good luck to both you and your husband in the Biggest Loser Challenge!
Jasmine
Amanda, just love your layout! The red dots are cute and the photos great!
what a great sketch, and your LO
is awesome!
cute layout! love the theme
Great page for your mini. i checked out your fb page with your 365 project on facebook but couldn't connect to you. Wanted to follow it.
Nannette - I was afraid of that, since I linked it straight from facebook. I just uploaded a new blog page to post them on. The side bar link should work now.
Great job Amanda!
Love your layouts and I enjoyed reading about you. Congrats on being int the lead with the Biggest Looser!
Great take on the sketch, Amanda! Love your colour palette!
Amanda, nice to meet you and looking forward to working with you on the SC team. I love your bright colors on your layout. So cute!
Cute LO! Using so many small pics is certainly out of my comfort zone. But that's what we're here for, right? :)
Love the bright colors on your LO!!! Great stuff on your blog also!
Hi Amanda! Your layout is fantastic! Love the red and green combo :)
Amanda this is so pretty...very Christmasy. Nancy
I love the smaller scale take on the sketch! I'm still working mine out in my head (and all over my scrap room floor).
Beautiful digi layout!
Hi Amanda...enjoyed reading about you. Stunning page and love the happy bright colours. Good luck for the BL challenge.
Cute, cute layout! Love that digi kit!
Love your bright layout. Happy hopping
I love this brightness of your LO,sooo festive:) Hopping from new zealand & great job once again !!
Very stunning, it's so christmasy, using the reds and greens, plus adding rak ribbion is a great touch. It looks great with the dotted DP.
Amanda, Very stunning LO,the sketch is perfect for the series of photos that you used. The colors brings out the christmas traditions. Beautiful LO.
What a clever page for your album, Amanda! Those magical expressions on kids' faces as they open gifts are a real treasure, and you have captured them beautifully!
I love your LO and the bright colors! Good luck with The Biggest Loser Challenge! I love watching that show every week!
Love your take on the sketch!
Great take on the sketch Amanda..love the papers!
Alison xx
love the layout
Wonderful layout! So so cute!
Wonderful layout! This blog hopping is fun!
Hello Amanda,nice to know about you. Sweet lo.....
Love the sketch, and love what you have created with it! Amazing that it is so small, yet looks so great!
wonderful layout!
Beautiful bright layout. Well done!Jullene.
Great page!! Can't wait to play with that sketch tonight :-D
I love your page, especially how you used double-sized photos with the single ones. Very nice!
I love how you interpreted it, Amanda. The photos are great! Beautiful kids.
I JUST got my photos printed today for my December Daily - better late than never!
Gorgeous LO. Great way to use multiple photos. Nice colours :)
Love the colors and the embellishments! I'm a sucker for polka dots and rick rack.
Awesome sketchs & gorgeous layout :)
Hey Amanda!!How are you??Beautyiful work!
xx
Post a Comment