I normally like to plan my parties out WAY in advance, but for whatever reason, that just didn't happen with this one. I literally started working on it last night, pulling things out of my stash, digging into things I've recently purchased for their birthday parties later this spring... and add in a little sprinkle of pinspiration and what I ended up with was this:
The mirror, dress form, pink daisies, and rose petals were things I've picked up for her soon-to-be Disney Princess birthday party. The black table cloth was bought for his soon-to-be Star Wars birthday party, and I already owned the rest of the red stuff, like the round placemats, red rimmed plates, napkins and cups left over from previous parties, and the artwork hung on the wire to the wall light was all masterfully done by my kiddos. ;)
I already had a couple of the metal mailboxes from Target and my friend brought hers over too. The heart paper chain is a little art project the kids and I did a couple of weeks ago, and the "so I think I love you" embroidered notebook paper is something I made for dh last summer.
I can't take credit for the heart sandwiches, or the sugar cookies... I can take credit for eating most of the cookies, after everyone left, though. :-\ oops! I did make the heart shaped veggies and chocolate drizzled pretzels.
The envelopes on the wall were both a matter of necessity (to cover some ugly scuff marks along the wall there) and to emulate a wall of envelopes I'd seen on pinterest a few days ago.
Printed off a freebie valentine subway art and plopped my daughter's 1st valentine teddy bear on the shelf to call this area "done".
The decomesh over our patio door was from our Christmas tree and I'm sure dh will be happy to see it gone after this week. ;) The heart canvasses were from my baby shower, but I did buy the heart wreath a few weeks ago to fill in the hole on this wall (I normally have 3 prints of spiral staircase photos here)
As usual, I remembered to take pictures of stuff before the party started and didn't really pick up the camera again until it was over. Thankfully Sarah got a picture of Carly and I together!

1 comment:
I've never managed to decorate for Valentine's Day - I just barely get my Christmas stuff put away by the time it rolls around (maybe I shouldn't admit that...). Your decorations were fantastic! And even more amazing that you did it in one night.
Post a Comment