Saturday, February 18, 2012

Party Tips

You know you're a Pinterest addict when you tell someone about an idea you've had, they say "that's a really good idea" and the first thing that pops into your mind is, "I should go home and make a graphic for that, JUST so I can put it on Pinterest and share it with others!" LOL! If that means I'm a Pinterest addict, I guess I'm guilty as charged.

These probably aren't original ideas, but is there really such a thing anymore?!


I think I probably actually read this one in a parenting magazine a long, long time ago... but still, when I tell people that's our rule of thumb for the kid's birthdays, you can see the light bulb go off in their head! It really does help keep the party from becoming too overwhelming for the little ones. I mean really, how many friends does a 2 or 3 year old really have anyway? People tell me I'll regret this rule when they are teenagers, but I like to throw parties... so maybe not. ;)
 

Our two kids are 2 years apart and their birthdays are 3 weeks apart. I suppose the odd/even thing really only works if they are both odd/even ages at the same time. The reason I say have the smaller individual party on their odd years is because then when you use tip #1 from above, they will even out the kid count. For instance, my daughter is turning 3 and having 3 friends over for a princess party. With her at the table too, I can buy and even 4 of everything like party favors and tableware. My son is turning 5, so we'll have 6 little Jedi running around at our Star Wars party. It makes it simple. As they get older, we'll probably do some of those bigger joint parties, you know the kind.... the bounce house place, the skating rink, etc.

I'm not planning on holding hard and fast to these rules throughout their whole childhood. Obviously, I know there will come a day when they think it's no longer "acceptable" to share their parties (which is good news for me because I have more party theme boards on Pinterest than they have birthdays as it is! hah!) and I know sometimes it might be that they get to take a couple of bff's to Six Flags instead of a party... but I hope these two tips help you calm the chaos of planning your next kid party!

No comments: